Job ref: 1714
We’re now looking for a Shift Manager to assist in our Client’s distribution centre in Dudley. If you want to join a business that puts you first, then this could be the role for you.
Benefits of being a Shift Manager
- Competitive salary (not age dependant).
- Company benefit package which includes holiday pay, online benefits platform and company PPE provided.
- Full training and induction provided.
- Temp to perm after 12 weeks for the right candidate
- Immediate start.
Responsibilities of a Shift Manager
To motivate, drive and deliver a high-performing, right first time, and cost effective Production team, in-line with the Clients ways of working, mission and vison. Ensuring a safety first approach, ensuring the customer’s product specification is met and material integrity is maintained at all times.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations
- To effectively motivate and manage Cell leaders & Line Leaders along with the teams to meet production targets by production line.
- Liaise with HR and On site Agency with staff management/requirements
- Monitor output of production room / lines – effectively dealing / supporting the team with issues as and when they arise
- Manage an efficient production plan v’s work load, ensuring daily efficiency and wage % KPI’s are met.
- Effectively use the integrated management system (Vision) to aid in the delivery of: Quality and tractability / Maximize production efficiency to ensure plan is met on an hourly/daily basis and stock control
- Ensure the all products produced meets client specifications
- Be involved and support the risk assessment process
- Ensure the correct management of changeover of lines/product and sign off for all product changes
- Ensure all trials and first offs are completely successfully within timescale given Ensure all work orders are correct, (to include material/stock check available)
- To ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to
- Train and identify training for all team members.
- Complete 1:1s using review / training log and PDP’s with all Cell and Line leaders,
- To assist in the identification and development of agency staff who demonstrate the potential to become colleagues
- Support the Monitoring and control of all forms of waste and drive continuous improvement focusing on all forms of waste
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience
- Must be prepared to cover a variety of shifts to represent the management team, including opening and closedown site to cover all production hours
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post
Qualifications and requirements of a Shift Manager
- Responsible and safe working individual
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Work under pressure and to deadlines
- Target driven
- Flexible approach.
- Vison / WMS / SAP knowledge
- Training given to ensure in roles tasks can be completed.
Please hit apply to start your application with us. Alternatively, please call us on 01952 453333 for more details.