Production Line Leader
Job ref: 1713
We’re now looking for Line Leaders to assist in our Client’s distribution centre in Dudley starting in May 2021. If you want to join a business that puts you first, then this could be the role for you.
Benefits of being a Line Leader
- Competitive salary (not age dependant).
- Company benefit package which includes holiday pay, online benefits platform and company PPE provided.
- Full training and induction provided.
- Possible permanent positions available.
Responsibilities of a Line Leader
Specific tasks include (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- To effectively motivate a team of people to meet production targets
- Ensure the final product meets client specifications
- To effectively maximise production efficiency to ensure plan is met on an hourly/daily basis
- Effectively use the integrated management system
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations
- To ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure that all areas comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to
- To liaise with agency controllers on a day to day basis providing feedback regarding agency workers
- To attend team leader meetings
- To assist in the training and development of new starters
- To act as a role model for best practice
- Monitor, control and minimise waste
- Play an active part in continuous improvement
- To participate in the companies appraisal system
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post
The post holder will be directly responsible for the day to day task management of the following staff within their area:
- Line Operators
- Senior Line Operators
Qualifications and requirements of a Line Leader
- Production experience preferred
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Able to work using own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Must comply and be participative in a health & safety culture, complying with H&S and other related company processes, procedures and instructions.
Please hit apply to start your application with us. Alternatively, please call us on 01952 453333 for more details.